Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Current National Library Survey

Hi-

Thank you to everyone who has already done this year's National Library Profile survey. If you haven't had time to complete this years survey I am writing to beg you to do it today.

We all need good information to support our libraries and our roles in schools. To do this we need solid facts to base our goals and arguments on. Last year's survey did not get enough response to provide these vital statistics. To me that was a year lost of opportunities to see where my school fits in the realm of things. I want my reports/goals to be able to compare where I am with the rest of NZ. I want my reports/goals to have valid information to base realistic goals on and I want my reports/goals to celebrate all the things that I and my supporters (BOT, Sr Mgmt, students) are doing above average. Without a significant response to the survey from NZ school library staff, this will not happen. So PLEASE take the time to complete the survey urgently! Information below:

School Library Profile Survey 2012

Services to Schools provide support to all New Zealand schools, helping schools develop quality library services that support your students.

The annual school survey enables us to fulfill two important goals; to build a nationwide picture of NZ school libraries and to ensure we have current information about your school library. The collated information will help us shape our current and future services.
We invite the person with library management responsibility to complete this survey. It takes about 10 minutes to complete this survey. The survey will be online until 31 March 2012.

Survey link

If you have problems accessing the survey online there is a pdf version available for print at http://schools.natlib.govt.nz/news

All the best for the Easter holidays. I look forward to catching up with you all next term.

Lisa Salter - RLIANZA
Library Manager
Ruawai College and Community Library

No comments:

Post a Comment