Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Library Week 2010 .... It's so exciting!!

I have spent quite a bit of my morning (in between teaching two Y10 classes about notetaking techniques and citing sources for bibliographies!) on designing posters promoting next week's Library Week celebrations.

I'm really excited about this year's activities and, as well as some of the old "tried and true" favs like Dress Up Day and Guess the Photo competition, we're branching out and trying a few more new ideas this year.

I've finally settled on my book character for this year's Dress Up Day. I never disclose who my character will be (drives the students nuts trying to guess!!) but previously I've been Mary Poppins, Bad Jelly the Witch, The Mad Hatter and The White Queen from Narnia (I know, I know - there seems to be a theme developing - but I'm determined to break it this year!!) Gold star to anyone who can guess before next Wednesday when all will be revealed!!

Now, off to work on setting up our Blind Date with a Book Day, which is our promo for Tuesday ........

All the best to those of you who are working hard on your own Library Week preparations :-) Isn't it fun!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment